If you have been suffering with hemorrhoids you have probably tried all types of hemorrhoids treatment. I am sure that you want to find a way to cure hemorrhoids for ever. The problem is that in order to treat hemorrhoids effectively you need to know what type of hemorrhoids are affecting you.
What Are Hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids are swollen veins around the anus and inside the rectum, that may protrude from the anus. They are very similar to varicose veins. typically they enlarge and then lose their elasticity forming sac like protrusions into the anal canal.
Causes Of Hemorrhoids
- Prolonged sitting
- Prolonged standing
- Lifting heavy objects
- Straining bowel movements (constipation)
- Lack of exercise
- Lack of dietary fiber
- Food allergies
- Symptoms Of Hemorrhoids
- Bleeding after bowel movements
Types of Hemorrhoids
There are different types of hemorrhoids depending o their location and the degree of pain and discomfort experienced by the sufferer.
- Internal hemorrhoids, which are located inside the rectum and are usually painless. Sometimes these hemorrhoids bleed and when they do the blood is a bright red colour.
- External hemorrhoids. Piles is the old fashion term used to describe this condition.These develop under the skin at the opening of the anal cavity and swell up until they look like a bunch of grapes due to their dark blue or purple colour. They also excruciatingly painful.
- Prolapsed hemorrhoids. This is an internal hemorrhoid that has collapsed and then protrudes outside the anus often accompanied by a mucous discharge and heavy bleeding. Prolapsed hemorrhoids can become thrombosed (have blood clots form within them) which prevent them from receding back into the anus. Thrombosed hemorrhoids can be very painful.
Hemorrhoids Treatment Approaches
- Conservative measures. Follow a dietary regimen with fiber supplementation and .self help treatments. These methods are most effective for treating all types of hemorrhoids except for thrombosed hemorrhoids.
- Infrared Photo-coagulation. This uses infrared heat to treat minor internal hemorrhoids. It is less painful than other methods but more often needs more than one trip to the doctor to sort the problem out. It is also not always successful or effective.
- Injection sclerotherapy involves injecting the hemorrhoids to make them shrink.
- Laser treatment, this is gaining popularity as the physicians choice of treatment.
- Ligation, small rubber bands are used to tie off the base of the hemorrhoid starving its blood supply by cutting off circulation.They soon detach and are eliminated from the body in the normal moving of the bowels.
- Surgery, this is often employed as a last resort when the other methods fail. Surgery is effective in 95% of cases. Sometimes a second surgery may be necessary if the hemorrhoids come back.
In this article I have shown you what hemorrhoids is, what causes hemorrhoids, what the symptoms of hemorrhoids are and also the different hemorrhoids treatment. Hopefully using one of these methods described you will be able to cure hemorrhoids forever.