How Browsing & Membership Works
You need to be 16 years or over to browse the site. We don’t knowingly collect any information from anyone aged 16 or under. When browsing the site you agree to follow our guidelines or instructions and keep in mind that these terms apply to any use of our site whether or not you’re a member.
You need to be 18 years or over to purchase anything from our site. If you attempt to make a purchase, we will assume you are over 18 years old. If you’re under 18 you will need to be under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who is at least 18 years of age, and this person will be responsible for all your activities on our site.
You promise that information you give us is true, accurate and complete and that you will keep your account information up-to-date (including a working email address). You are responsible for any use of the YumYum site that occurs in conjunction with your username and password so keep your password secure and don’t let any other person use your username or password on your behalf. If you realise there’s any unauthorised use of your password or any breach of security you need to let us know immediately.
How Buying Items Works
This section will help you understand what you are buying when you purchase an item and how that transaction takes place on the site.
The total price for an item on the site is made up of several components including:
- Price: This normally will be provided inclusive of any taxes;
- Taxes: Some transactions on YumYum may be subject to tax that will be included in the list price. Typically VAT is applied at 20% but this may vary and is accounted for by PayPal. If there is any error in the calculations, we will refund any overpayment as soon as we can.
Transacting As A Buyer
You can make payments in one of two ways on our site: via your PayPal account or via a credit card on the PayPal system. This method ensures your total confidentiality and none of your banking or credit details are shared with YumYum .
Any payments arranged with third parties are not covered by our agreement and you should ensure you have understood the provisions of any terms of business or other agreement you undertake with that provider. We cannot accept any responsibility for your agreements or undertakings with any third party.
Terms of buying
When you buy any YumYum item (Service or product) you’re doing so on the following terms:
- you promise to us that you have carefully considered the suitability of your choice, and that you have chosen appropriately for your needs;
- you cannot cancel a completed purchase of an item;
- we do not promise that any particular item will continue to be available on YumYum so you should download and save the item as soon as you buy it;
- we have the right to enforce against you the terms of the sale that you have agreed to,
- You will have a maximum time of 4 days to download the item.
- Notwithstanding the above, all EBooks and other products contain at least a 60 day no quibble returns policy from the providers of the sale (including Amazon etc).
It is important that you understand the terms on which you are making a purchase. Please take the time to review this section carefully.
Prices and fees are inclusive of “transactional” taxes where relevant (like VAT), except for the following (which will be added as part of the total price buyers see before finalising a purchase).
You are responsible for paying all other fees and taxes associated with your use of YumYum wherever levied (including withholding tax, if applicable). We may collect geographical location information to determine your location, which may be used for tax purposes (so location information you give us must be accurate for tax residency purposes).
Items With An Incorrect Price Or Incorrect Information
Despite our reasonable efforts, items may occasionally be listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information. If this happens, we may cancel or reverse a transaction, even after it is completed and a payment has been processed. If we do this, we’ll promptly arrange for any payment to be credited or refunded and you must not use the item.
We will assess refund or credit requests after the 60 days on their merits, considering the digital nature of YumYum items and the type of item preview that was available before purchase. There is no obligation to provide a refund or credit in situations like the following:
- you have changed your mind about an item;
- you bought an item by mistake;
- you do not have sufficient expertise to use the item;
- you ask for goodwill; or
- you can no longer access the item because it has been removed by its author from YumYum (we advise you to download items as soon as you buy them to avoid this situation).
If we decide to issue a refund or credit, this will be done using the same manner used to make the purchase.
It is important that you understand how refunds work on YumYum .
Disputes lodged with payment agents: If, as a buyer, you lodge a dispute with a payment agent, this will result in a freezing of your YumYum account until the dispute raised with the payment agent has been closed. This makes it very complex to resolve any related issues, and means we cannot make payments or issue refunds, so we encourage buyers to contact us directly first to see if we can help resolve any concerns.
We are not a bank or licensed deposit taker and that means you don’t get the benefit of any deposit insurance or guarantee under those laws. We don’t act as a fiduciary or as a trustee for you, and we’re not an authorised financial service provider nor do we come within the financial services and markets act 2000 or the regulated activities order (2001).
What We Own
We own all the YumYum content that we have put on the site (unless otherwise stated and excluding content owned by others). This includes the design, compilation, and look and feel of the YumYum site, and copyright, trademarks, designs and other intellectual property on the site. We own all the trademarks, logos, service marks and trade names on YumYum (unless otherwise stated and excluding these things owned by others). You will not copy, distribute, modify or make derivative works of any of our content or use any of our intellectual property in any way not expressly stated in these terms.
What We Don’t Own
We do not own the items on YumYum sold through or by third parties, (including recruitment consultancies) or certain documents you pay for externally. We cannot therefore take responsibility for the quality, safety or legality of the items. Although we take every effort to validate and verify data and other items, we do not warrant that the items or any member content, code, data or materials available on or via the YumYum do not infringe the intellectual property rights of a third party.
Copyright, trademark and intellectual property claims: We respect the intellectual property rights of others and we require that authors do the same. If you believe that an item or member content infringes an intellectual property right (including copyright) please contact email@example.com immediately.
Our Content Policy is where you will find all the information relating to how we treat intellectual property on the YumYum site including copyright and other rights.
Our Use Of Your Information
We respect your privacy. When you become a member you will be asked to provide some information about yourself. This information may be used by us and contractors in connection with providing the YumYum site and their services, including marketing activities.
We value your information and take reasonable precautions to protect it. While we take reasonable steps to preserve the security of your information, please be aware that we can’t promise that your use of the YumYum will be confidential, and we can’t promise that any information you provide to us is perfectly secure. While using YumYum website, you may also become aware of confidential information about us or another member. You promise to not disclose any confidential information made available to you through the site to any other person. We are registered with the ICO Data Protection Register in the UK.
Prohibited Conduct: YumYum is founded on the idea of community and like any functioning and healthy community, some things are not allowed and will not be tolerated. We aim to take a common sense approach to the general code of conduct on the site but you promise that you will not:
- use a false email address, impersonate others, or misrepresent your affiliation with others;
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to computer systems or content through the YumYum site;
- attempt to contact other members through the site or use any information gained from the YumYum site with the intention to make a private arrangement that would otherwise be made using the YumYum site;
- enter any arrangements that are not consistent with these terms;
- use information gathered from or through the YumYum site in a way that may confuse or mislead consumers;
- attempt to or actually interrupt, negatively impact or alter the YumYum operation in any way;
- use the YumYum site or any of the content in a way that violates applicable law, that violates the intellectual property or other rights of us or others, or that is fraudulent, obscene, unprofessional, offensive, misleading or defamatory;
- modify, reproduce, display, publish, distribute, copy, transmit, perform, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell or re-sell any information, content, software, or item obtained from or through the YumYum site, other than in accordance with these terms or the license for the item.
We strongly recommend that you don’t make your contact details public on the YumYum site or in any communications that may be available from time to time via the site. Contact details include your email address, street address, Skype name and phone number (but not social network handles). If you do, it must not be for any reason prohibited and you do so at your risk!
We can look at or remove any of your content for any reason at our discretion. Reasons might include quality assurance, if we receive a valid copyright take-down notice, if we think that the use of your content is unauthorised, misleading, incorrect, offensive, or in breach of anyone else’s rights, or if we think that your use of the site and any content might result in liability to us or anyone else.
We take great pride in our thriving member community, it’s part of what makes the YumYum such a useful place. We focus on transparency and mutual respect and invite you to participate, give feedback and have your say. Any unnecessary or malicious comments will result in your membership being terminated.
Linking to the YumYum Site: We’d be delighted if you decide to link to YumYum site from other site but you have to link to the home page as seen by someone navigating directly to the YumYum site and looks the way we’ve intended, and not link directly to an image hosted on YumYum . That includes no “in-line” linking methods resulting in images hosted on YumYum being displayed on other sites. You must not “frame” any YumYum site pages by surrounding those pages with someone else’s content, materials or branding. We reserve the right to insist that any link to the YumYum site be discontinued, and to revoke your ability to link to the YumYum .
Links from the YumYum site: The YumYum site may contain links to other non-YumYum sites. We have no control or responsibility over anything on those site, and do not endorse or sponsor those site, even if they are affiliated to us.
Third party contributions: We welcome the contribution of our members and broader community, who offer articles or case studies that support and enhance YumYum . You will need to form your own view about these items and we will have ultimate editorial control. Our decision is final. Sorry but we’re not able to warrant or endorse those items and disclaim any and all liability relating to these applications.
Eligibility, suspension or termination: Membership is not an automatic right, it is a benefit for members who follow our reasonable rules and treat other members well. We hope that you will be with us for a long time. But we do reserve the right, based on our reasonable discretion, to determine whether or not your use of YumYum complies with these terms. We can suspend or terminate your YumYum account at any time for any reason (acting reasonably of course), including if you don’t comply with these terms. If we do decide to permanently terminate your YumYum account you must not apply for a new account as unfortunately you will no longer be welcome in our community.
Our Indemnity To You
We provide YumYum site, not the items on YumYum . We are liable and responsible for:
- our use of the YumYum site;
- the services, messages, YumYum Content, any software or other data or information we send through YumYum ;
- YumYum Content breaching of any intellectual property rights belonging to others;
- our breach of these terms;
- our breach of any industry code, regulation or law that applies.
- You have no responsibility to us for, and we agree to indemnify you from, all liabilities, costs, expenses (including legal fees) and loss arising from third party claims due to any of the matters set out in the previous section.
Your indemnity to us
You are liable and responsible for:
- your use of the YumYum site;
- the items, message, content, information, software or other materials you send through YumYum ;
- your content breaching any intellectual property rights belonging to others;
- your breach of these YumYum Terms;
- your breach of any license of an item;
- your breach of any industry code, regulation or law that applies.
- We have no responsibility to you or to any other person for all liabilities, costs, expenses (including legal fees) and loss arising from third party claims due to any of the matters set out in the previous section and you agree to indemnify us, our directors, officers, employees and agents from all losses.
This means that you protect us from costs and claims that happen because of your actions on the site.
We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defence of such claim.
We strive to have the YumYum site available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week but you know how the internet works: occasionally you might not be able to access the YumYum site and this might happen for any reason, at any time, with or without notice, or at our absolute discretion. We might also change aspects of how YumYum works. We will not be liable to you for any loss you suffer as a result of these things.
If you’re agreeing to these terms on behalf of someone else (like your employer), then you’re promising to us that you have full legal authority to bind that third party.
In some places there may be consumer or fair trading laws that apply and that may give you rights that we cannot exclude, restrict or modify (‘non-excludable law’). We do not exclude or modify any non-excludable law. Except as provided in a non-excludable law, we are bound only by the express promises made in these terms and we are not bound by implied terms. Except as provided in a non-excludable law, our and each author’s liability for breach of any implied warranty or condition which cannot be excluded is limited, at our or the author’s option, to either replacement or paying the cost of replacement.
Relationship between the parties
Nothing in these terms is to be construed as constituting a partnership, joint venture, employment or agency relationship between you and us, or between you and any other member. Neither you nor us can bind each other in any way.
Any notice you send us must be submitted via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any notice we send to you will be emailed to your account provided email address.
Changes to YumYum Terms
Although we can change any of our terms at any time we will take reasonable steps to let you know when we do so.
Words like ‘include’ and ‘including’ are not words of limitation and where anything is within our discretion we mean our sole discretion.
We control and operate the YumYum site from our offices in England. The laws of England govern these user terms, and you submit to the jurisdiction of our courts.