- Ovega-3 is the first fish-free vegetarian omega-3 fatty acid supplement with both DHA and EPA
- Each Ovega-3 softgel provides a minimum of 500 mg of the heart healthy omega-3s DHA & EPA from algae, including at least 320 mg of DHA and at least 130 mg of EPA.
- 100% free of ocean-borne pollutants and toxins potentially found in certain fish
- Free of allergens associated with fish oil
- Sustainable and will not deplete the ocean's supply of fish
Ovega-3 is a vegetarian omega-3 supplement containing high levels of both DHA and EPA omega-3 fatty acids, to support heart health*. From a sustainable source, Ovega-3 offers the same heart healthy benefits of fish oil but without the “fishy” aftertaste or “fish burps” associated with many fish oils.
How do we do this? Simple. We don’t use fish.
Ovega-3 is the shortest distance between you and the DHA & EPA omega-3s you need for optimal health.
Most people think fish are the original source of DHA and EPA omega-3s, but it’s really the algae in their food chain that contain these important omega-3 fatty acids. Ovega-3 has cut out the middleman – fish – and gone directly to the source, using algae grown outside of the ocean in an FDA-inspected facility.
Algae, what’s the big deal?
Thanks to Mother Nature, various species of algae have some amazingly useful properties. Certain algae are naturally high producers of DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), an omega-3 fatty acid that supports brain, eye and heart health*. Algae also provide a sustainable source of EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid), an omega-3 fatty acid that supports heart health*.
Are all strains of algae created equal? No. The scientists behind Ovega-3 are world leaders in discovering the properties of algae and developing their nutritional applications.
For instance, life’sDHA, the brand of DHA used in Ovega-3, was discovered over two decades ago as scientists were studying the beneficial use of algae in long-term space flight. These scientists identified a strain of algae that naturally produces high amounts of DHA and most recently have identified another strain of algae that produces high amounts of both DHA and EPA omega-3s. This is what powers Ovega-3.